All GP practices are contracted to provide “essential services” that is basic treatment of people who are ill. We also provide the following “additional services”
We provide contraception services including insertion & removal of Long Acting Reversible Contraceptive implants. Specialist services such as IUCD implants are available at the local Family Planning Clinic.
Once you have had your baby you will be issued a 6 week appointment for you and your baby. This should be arranged by your health visitor.
Immunisation for adults in relation to travel. Not all travel immunisations are available on the NHS. Please ask our practice nurse for details.
Well Woman / Cervical Smears
We urge all women to have regular cervical smears and perform regular self- examination of the breasts. If you are aged between 20 and 60 and have not had a cervical smear in the last 3 years, please make an appointment to have this done.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with heart disease.
- Annual comprehensive reviews for patients with diabetes.
- Chronic disease monitoring including asthma, stroke, hypertension and COPD.
Please see seperate page for details of our Minor Sugery Clinic.
We also hold contracts with NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde for the following “enhanced services”:
- An annual flu immunisation programme to protect the elderly and those at risk.
- Regular monitoring, by blood and urine tests, for patients on a range of drugs for arthritis and bowel problems.
- A methadone substitution programme for patients with drug abuse problems.